what does a trustee do?
- Ensure the charity has maximum positive impact.
- Guide the charity’s future aims and objectives.
- Learn new skills and make new friends.
- Make a enduring difference to vulnerable lives.
- Attend bi-monthly meetings (remotely if needed).
- Dedicate time to perform and support the charity’s work.
- Enrich their own lives as much as those of the charity’s beneficiaries.
What role can I fill on the board of trustees?
Currently we are without a Treasurer so we are particularly keen to receive applications from potential treasurers.
We are also looking for trustees with a variety of skills and strengths.
Where do you fit in?
- Fundraiser – are you passionate about organising events and seeking out new sources of income?
- Social Media Lover – do you regularly use social media and have a handle on how to make the most of these platforms?
- Treasurer – could you be our next Treasurer, with skills in producing accounts and managing day-to-day finance?
- World Changer – are you excited about making a difference and have the desire to dedicate yourself to using your skills to change lives?
Why should I become a Chaffinch trustee?
Charity trustees are in a position to make a difference in some of the most desperate situations in the world.
Trustees have a major role in guiding the charity’s aims and objectives, ensuring maximum positive impact. A board of trustees needs people with a variety of ideas, values, and strengths to keep minds open. Your contribution can have real impact.
As a Chaffinch trustee, you will have the opportunity to be a part of changing lives for children in Kibera but be aware, you are likely to get as much back as you give!
Chaffinch trustees are ‘closer to the action’ than most charity trustees. Chaffinch is run 100% by volunteers and the bulk of the work is taken on by trustees. You will have the opportunity to really understand the difference that you are making and create a personal connection with the children of Kibera.
You will have the opportunity to use your skills and strengths for positive impact as well as learning new skills and pushing your limits in a friendly and supportive environment.
There’s always a new challenge waiting for you. Whether you are interested primarily in governance issues or passionate about the day-to-day impact, there’s always something to stretch you and to excite you.
currently supported children
Children in residential care
Download an application pack here.
Please don’t be intimidated. The actual experience of the role can be much more informal than the official documents suggest!
Contact us if you need any assistance with the form, or require another format to meet your accessibility requirements.