What does it mean to a child of Kibera when someone on another continent speaks to them?
- It means someone spent time and effort to communicate with a stranger.
- It means someone knows they exist.
- It means someone cares.
- It means they matter.
Can you let a child know THEY MATTER this Christmas?
How to Get Involved
- Record a message, either audio or video.
- Attach your message to an email and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure it arrives before December 2nd.
- Your message will then be added to a flash drive and sent to Future Stars for Christmas.
Some suggestions for your message
- Sing a Christmas carol or song (or a part of one).
- Pull a funny face.
- Show/talk about something that is part of your own Christmas.
- Tell a joke.
- Introduce yourself.
- Dress up in costume or ‘disguise’.
- Say ‘Hi’ and ‘Happy Christmas’.
- Get the kids involved – they often have some very creative ideas!
*If possible, try to avoid speaking very fast or using very long words. Be aware that some submissions will have to be translated and the Chaffinch team are not (yet) totally fluent in Swahili!*
The children of Future Stars are waiting to hear from YOU!
The fine print:
Messages received after the deadline cannot be guaranteed to be included.
Chaffinch reserves the right to exclude any message deemed to contain profanity, cultural insensitivity, abusive content, or otherwise unsuitable material.
All messages received will be scanned for viruses and any infected content will be immediately quarantined and deleted.
Chaffinch may translate messages and/or provide explanation of content to enhance the children’s understanding.
All messages once received become the property of Chaffinch to provide Christmas greetings for 2017 to the children of Future Stars.
If you have questions or any interesting ideas for messages that you’d like to share with other supporters, please add a comment below.