Okay, so you might have come to this post thanks to the promise of ‘exciting updates’.
Well…they’re updates, but possibly don’t fit the usual definition of exciting!
HOWEVER, don’t run away just yet.
Are you going to miss out?
- Have you been receiving Chaffinch email newsletters?
- Do you remember seeing any big buttons asking you to confirm that you still want to hear from us?
- Did you click on one of them?
If the answer to any of those questions is NO, then you won’t receive any newsletters in the future…and that will make you very sad.
It will make Linda, who writes those newsletters, very sad, too.
Oh, no! How do I stop Linda crying?
Well, it’s quite simple – you will need to sign up, whether that’s for the first time or because you forgot to click any of those big buttons.
- If you’re using a computer, take a look at the bottom left of your screen. Click that sign-up button and fill out the form.
- If you’re using a mobile device, tap here.
(if you are NOT using a mobile device, clicking this will cause an electrical surge and black out your whole street…maybe).
- If you’re not sure if you’re using a computer or a mobile device, try putting it in your handbag. Unless your handbag is more of a suitcase, you won’t fit a computer in there!
Has she stopped crying?
Sadly, no. Linda is still making salty puddles all over her keyboard – could be expensive to fix so let’s carry on cheering her up:
- Check your emails for a verification from Chaffinch.
- Click the link to confirm that you’re eager to stop Linda making that awful racket.
But I can’t find it!
If you can’t spot the verification email:
- First, find earplugs and a towel (We’re swimming with Alice and the Mouse).
- Next, check your spam/junk folder(s) just in case we’re in amongst the offers for Viagra and the requests to check your PPI claim.
- If you found the email, make sure you click the link. No, not the one to buy a 6ft plastic giraffe!
- Now, add us to your ‘safe senders’ list so we don’t have to mix with those awful spam emails ever again. Phew!
- If you didn’t find the email – PANIC!!! Only joking, no need to head for the nuclear bunker just yet. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get it sorted. Put DOWN the tinned peaches!
You’ve made someone smile!
Oh, and you’ll be getting our fantastic newsletters as well so keep an eye on your inbox.
In the meantime, you might like to check out our newsletter archive.
One last thing…
Anyway, give it a quick read as it’s now the applicable policy for all of your dealings with Chaffinch.
All a bit too exciting?
If all this GDPR stuff has left you feeling like a 6-year-old on a sugar high, here are a couple of links to help combat the E-numbers:
The Most Boring Thing Ever Written by N. Brad Garrett
Top 50 most boring things in the world (according to a 2015 survey by Interparcel)